Figs are starting to peak through the large leaves! I’m so excited. Figs are one of my favorite fruit. This is a very simple recipe that I like to make as a quick snack before eating my meal.
. 1/2 French baguette, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
. 5 tablespoons goat cheese
. 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
. 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
. 1/2 teaspoon fresh mint, finely chopped
. 4 figs, cut into fourths
. Balsamic glaze, to drizzle each crostini
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the sliced baguette on a sheet pan and drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with some salt. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until golden.
3. In a bowl, mix all the herbs and using the back of a spoon mash the goat cheese to fully mix in the herbs. Set aside until ready to spread onto the crostini.
4. Once the crostini is out of the oven and cooled slightly, spread the herbed goat cheese, place three slices of the fig on top.
5. Once all the crostini have goat cheese and figs on it, plate them and drizzle the top with balsamic glaze.
Thats it- easy as that! Anush everyone. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do! 😋