This dish is by far the easiest but sophisticated meat dishes I have made. It is sophisticated in the sense that your guests will eat with their eyes because of the timeless elegance and beauty of the dish itself. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Serves 5 people
. 5 heirloom carrots, peeled
. 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
. 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
. 1 tbsp EVOO
. salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place carrots on a sheet pan and season with garlic, thyme, and salt.
3. Drizzle the olive oil and bake in the oven for 30 min, moving them around after 10 minutes at a time.
Red Wine Sautéed Vegetable Mix
. 1 large orange carrot, cubed
. 1 onion, finely chopped
. 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
. 2 cloves garlic
. 1 cup red wine
1. In a sauce pan, heat up 1 tablespoon EVOO.
2. Add the carrots and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the onions and celery and sauté for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic.
5. Add the red wine and simmer until thickened with the vegetables.
6. Once thick, put on low heat until the rest of your dish is complete, then take a tablespoon and place it where the sliced filet mignon will rest over it.
. 5 pieces of 1/2 inch thick filet mignon
. salt and pepper
1. Season the filet mignon with salt, pepper, garlic, and EVOO. Place to the side.
2. Preheat either a grill or grill pan to 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. When the grill has reached to 450, place the filet mignon on the grill and cover for 4 minutes. Then, turn them and cover for another 4 minutes.
4. Remove from the grill and place on a plate. Cover with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.
5. Once rested, slice and plate next to the roasted carrot on top of the red wine sautéed veggies.